Thursday, March 26, 2009

Confessions

So I am following the lead of another blog I follow. I have a few things that I would like to confess.

1. The volunteer work that I am involved with is frustrating me. Lack of cooperation from all parties is really getting on my nerves. I don't have a lot of time to play with people. If I call to talk to you about your case and every time your answering machine comes on after the first ring and you don't return my call I will stop calling. I have made that decision. I will try one more time tomorrow and that is it. The position is like a second job. I makes me question if I really want a career in this aspect of the Social Services field.

2. I have a coworker that has a mental illness. With my degree I have studied these illnesses and I have a good understanding of them. But, my patience and compassion is getting thin. This particular person was having, I guess, a mini breakdown yesterday and my supervisor let her take a two hour nap. What in the H E double hockey sticks is going on? Now mind you the office was not at all busy but, I still have a problem with this. So you know what I did. I prayed not only for her but for me.

3. I think I am scared of living by myself. Whew.... that is a major confession. I seriously want to purchase a home within the next year or so. But I don't want a nice home with only one person living there. I do NOT believe in cohabitation so even if I were in a serious relationship that would not be an option. Pray for me ya'll. I am too old to be feeling like this.

Which leads me to this:

4.I Do Not Want To Be Single. I have told my friends and family that I was OK with this status but I am not. I am tired of being strong and independent. I know I will always be those things but I am ready to let my guard down a little.

So here is the deal. My posts to come will focus on some of these issues. I praised someone for expressing herself and I want to thank her for her post. It encouraged me to share some things that I just didn't want to admit.

7 comments:

  1. I will pray with you about all these things. I pray that God gives you direction.


    As far as your volunteer work and career choice, follow your gut.

    I can't believe that person was able to sleep at work. OMG! I would be irritated too, they could have gone home.


    I pray that God will bless you with a spouse suited for you and the plan he has for your life. I pray that you compliment each other in all ways and you will know his spirit.

    Sometimes we just have to get things out of us. God knows you and he will bless you with the desires of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your posting this morning and tried to post before I left for work, but had to stop because time was flying and I need to get to work.

    Thank you for sharing.

    First - I definitely understand, but keep calling and calling until God tells you to stop. This opportunity has helped you rethink your career path, which is a plus. I love accounting, but sometimes I wish I had directed my career were I wouldn't be stuck in an office allllll dayyyyy loooonnnnnng...boring.

    Remember you are doing this for a child.

    Second - I know she's white. We have one of those in the office. She cries to management about every thing personal in her life. It's so siccing. Then you have to hear the story each time she tell everyone in the office. My Goodness! I know how you feel, because who has time for management showing favoritism.

    Third - That's surprising! You'll be fine. I'll come and spend the night. My room can be blue. Seriously, don't allow the devil to put those thoughts in your head. I use to say, I'm going to wait until I get married to buy a home. I was putting my life on hold. Just keep preparing yourself for your home. You might not be moving alone - God might bring your hubby and he could also be saving for a home. :-)

    Fourth - I don't want to be single either. I'm still waiting for God to send him and I'm working on me so when he's revealed I'll know him immediately. Just becareful of what you speak to your love ones. Let everyone know that you want a husband and it isn't your desire to be alone.

    You know you are always in my prayers.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies.

    I just needed to get those things off my chest. I feel free. Thanks for your continued prayers and support. I trust God with my life. So I am waiting for his direction. It gets hard sometimes though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey kmr,

    I just wanted to encourage you about buying a house. You know interest rates are lower than they'll ever be in a long time and the price of houses have fallen. Buying a house would be a smart move. If you're worried about living alone, I never thought I could sleep in our house all alone. I actually started to enjoy it. Like Lechelle said, don't let Satan make you miss this good opportunity to obtain property. You're in a perfect situation right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right Angela. I know this is the perfect time. Not only are the interest rates low, the stimulas package is providing a tax break. I have been looking on the internet at properties. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Angela, you should take advantage of the low rates now. It is a buyers market girl. You will definitely make out well. You will eventually get over the living alone thing. I lived alone in NYC for 5 years and it was all good. I was dating my husband, but he had his own home. I kept myself busy in other activities. I literally came home to sleep, get on the computer, cook and shower. I did everything else in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sweet Patience. I actually have been doing some research these last few days. I looked at a property and I plan on going to a program that gives counseling for people who are interested in buying a home. This program also has incentives if you participate.

    ReplyDelete